Trying to secure car financing with bad credit can be difficult at any time of year, but it doesn’t have to be. Researching the best cars to buy, the best prices for the cars you are looking at and knowing the best times of year to buy is almost an art form. There are so many different variables to consider that adding your credit history working against you into the equation whilst trying to purchase a car can go from something exciting to something stressful in no time at all.
This is where we come in. Here at Infinity Finance, we offer car financing to those with bad credit so that you can shop from reputable dealers – hassle free, knowing that you have the finance in place to secure a car that will last.
When it comes to getting the best deal possible, the time of year is a big consideration. Seasonal factors such as the weather and new licence plates being released, as well as sales targets at the end of each quarter, are likely to affect the deals you can get when buying a new car.
So, when is the best time to buy?
- New number plates are released in March and September, which means February and August are prime times to snap up a bargain
- The end of each quarter – March, June, September, and December are often a very good time to discuss prices. Many targets are likely to have been hit by this point, so dealers are much more open to negotiation
- If you are looking for a specific style of car – a convertible, a four-wheel drive or even a particular model – it is best to look off-season or before a new car is released. For example, shop for a convertible in winter, a four-wheel drive in summer and look for the model you want just before the latest one is launching
- The day of the week and time of day are important, too. Weekdays are quieter, which means dealers have more time to spend with you. The later in the week, the more likely they are to round down with their prices, due to targets
- If you are looking for a used car, shortly after new number plates are released (March and September) is a great time to pick up something special. Many people trade in or part-exchange to get the latest vehicles on the market, and as a result, many dealers have more stock on their hands
- Similarly, dealers will be looking to get rid of excess stock of used cars in July and August because of the registration plate change coming up in September
- During winter, buying a car is the last thing on most people’s minds, thanks to the expense of Christmas and New Years, which means, if you are savvy you might just find a bargain
So, now that you have a better idea of when to buy a car, all you need now is to ensure you have car financing with bad credit. Apply today with Infinity Finance by calling 0800 773 4002. We can offer you a quick decision today to give you added peace of mind.